FSYR is committed to excellence in counselling services, and as such, we uphold the rights of clients as an integral part of the counselling process. As a client of FSYR, you have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect and without discrimination.
- A safe and secure environment.
- Make decisions about your service and participation. At all times, clients have the right to not discuss a topic, terminate the session and/or counselling.
- Privacy and confidentiality. Your information is kept confidential within the agency. At times, information is shared among agency staff, students and external consultants in order to provide the most effective service. Records may be viewed by non-agency staff for audit and research purposes.
- There are some legal exceptions to confidentiality, such as when we are concerned for your safety or the safety of others or when directed by the court.
- To make a complaint. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, we encourage you to bring them forward to your counsellor or their supervisor, in order to work towards a resolution.