Online Counselling is a method of counselling that research has shown to be highly effective. It works like traditional counselling except instead of having to come into an office for an appointment, the counselling session is done via secure emails, phone, or a video call.
Qualified FSYR counsellors have been trained in online, phone and video counselling and can address most of the same issues as face-to-face counselling including stress, change, interpersonal conflict, parenting, care giving, grief and loss, and balancing work and family.
Why do People Choose Online Counselling?
- Accessible and convenient
- Schedule your day with more flexibility
- Reply when you are ready
- Eliminate associated costs of transportation, parking, missing work or after school activities and finding childcare
- Connect even when working “on the road” or on vacation
- Move your residence and still remain in contact with your counsellor
- Anonymity provides you the opportunity to disclose more quickly and deeply than in face to face counselling
- Writing down and phrasing problems, emotions and thoughts is an essential part of the therapeutic process
- You have the time to express yourself carefully and at your own pace instead of having to speak off the top of your head
- You can access online counselling from any location you have internet access
- The user interface is friendly, intuitive, and easy to understand
Is it Safe and Secure?
All email sessions are private and secure through PrivacEmail. This service allows users to communicate between each other with the security of bulletproof 2,048-bit encryption. This ensures the secure transit and storage of personal information.
Our Video Counselling is compliant with the Privacy Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). In short, it means that your personal information is strongly confidential with us.
How Much Does it Cost?
For Youth aged 14 to 18, service is available and may be subsidized. Youth will be required to phone in for an Intake Interview to ensure that Online Counselling can meet your needs. Please call 1-888-223-3999 for an Intake interview. Online counselling is not presently available for youth 13 years of age or younger.
For Adults over 18 year of age, the cost per hour of the counsellor’s time is $65.00. This is equivalent to one online session. Sessions are pre-paid through PayPal.
Start Online, Phone and Video Counselling Now
For Adults over 18, register for Online Email Counselling. You do not have to book an appointment or do an interview. You will be asked a few, short questions through our pre-screening process to ensure Online Counselling is right for you.
For Phone or Video Counselling, please speak to your counsellor during your initial consultation for further details.